3.18.2013

Standing by...

Since February, I have been off work while waiting for all the paperwork to be done for my next job.

So I took advantage of the free time to do what I want before leaving Europe. 

1. Meet friends in Paris

It takes only 2 hours and a bit by Eurostar between London and Paris. (Sometime it takes similar time between Brighton and London when there is some railway issues...)

My last stay in Paris was the Christmas 2010 in lots of snow.

So I wanted to catch up with my close friends whom I haven't seen since before heading to Bangkok. 

During my 4 day-stay, I could meet everyone whom I wanted to see despite their tight schedule and babies of some.

Go to a concert of a friend

Have fabulous food (Saumon salad with Matcha [green tea powder] cream)
Go to several photo exhibitions

See a big event for the Chinese new year. 

2. Go to Manchester

This is technically the second biggest city after London in the UK although statistically speaking, Birmingham is the second.

It is the centre of sports and music as well. 

It takes about 4 hours from Brighton. 

Ben suggested to go there before leaving the UK. 

The town atmosphere was very nice with old architecture. 

I watched for the first time a football game of  premier league teams in a stadium.

We could only find the tickets for the champions league between Manchester United and Reading.
The stadium was enormous! 
Our seats were at the one of the highest rows but still expensive (£42/ticket) !
Unfortunately, Kagawa was substitute and other many super known players like Rooney were not even at bench.

Hopefully next blog will be from Bangkok! 

No comments: